GUIDELINES TO OBTAIN INDIAN VISA
All foreign nationals intending to participate in the Congress/ meeting, except those of Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives, are required to obtain an Indian VISA. VISA can be applied for in person or by post at the High commission/Embassy based in the country from where the participant intends to depart for India. VISA application form is available at the office of the Indian Embassy in the capital and other major cities of the country of your residence. All NRIs/PIOs, including children (who don't possess OCI or PIO card) need to apply for VISA in separate VISA forms. All the participants are advised to apply for either Tourist VISA or ‘Conference VISA only. The required documents are as mentioned below
Tourist Visa on Arrival
Visa on Arrival Facility is available for holders of passport of following countries:- Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Guyana, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders
- Passport valid for a minimum of 190 days with at least two blank pages.
- Correct visa fee.
- Two recent identical passport-size photographs.
- Filled application form (all columns in the form are mandatory and must be filled)
- Duly completed and signed application form.
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months.
- VISA fee.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Supporting documents such as invitation letter sent by organizing body, letters of clearance from The Nodal Ministry, The Ministry of Home Affairs, The Ministry of External affairs, and The State Government, letter from the organization in the participant’s country which nominated the applicant to attend the conference, proof of residential address and, copy of birth certificate.
The VISA application, along with the enclosures mentioned above, must be submitted directly to the
commission of country/locality.
Please send a copy of the passport at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
|Father's/ Husband’s Name|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Nationality & Passport No|
|Date of Issue|
|Place of Issue|
|Date of Expiry|
|Address in country of residence|
Participants from other countries can apply for visa directly without prior approvals, to the nearest
consulates or offices of Indian Missions.
Please note that for foreign nationals traveling to India, a valid VISA is essential. Please get in touch with your local travel agent and the Indian consulate in your country for VISA requirements. Information on Indian VISA requirements can be found at website: